HW Debate Parents Organization
Debate is a very unique activity. For many parents a lot of it can seem quite foreign. For that reason, we've started the HW Debate Parents Organization.
Co-Chairs of the HW Debate Parents Organization
- Christine Steele, mother of Nick '16 - 310-874-6443 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Cohen , mother of Cameron '16 - 310-560-0846 | email@example.com
- Be a resource to new parents as they navigate through both the middle school and upper school teams;
- Offer parents the ability to communicate with one another to help sort out practical issues that might arise (such as car pools, etc);
- Plan any meetings (such as beginning of the year, or end of the year party) that the parents might want to hold;
- Help parents share their experiences with regard to debate (or not) with the college application process;
- Facilitate volunteer and support opportunities for parents and students with regard to the team and the larger debate community.
The existence of the organization should not discourage parents from directly contacting Coach Bietz regarding information. However, there are a lot of things that parents can relay (and relate) to each other better than a coach can.
If you have any questions, or would like to help out in any way, please contact either Chris or Lisa.